It’s National Cook for Your Pet Day! Not a bad way to start off November as cooking for your pet can actually be very healthy. Since we cater to dogs, the recipe below will primarily for your canine companions. Feel free to remove any vegetables, however, to use it for perhaps a would be cat.
Cook for Your Dog Recipe
- Ground Meat (Turkey, Chicken, of Lean Beef)
- Frozen Veggies ( carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas in small quantities)
- Add plain fat free yoghurt for a nice tang and some probiotic benefits
Put your ground meat and veggies into a non-stick frying pan. Set the burner to medium/high heat and allow the ingredients to cook. Once the meat is browned and the vegetables are cooked through. Feel free to add the following spices to help with keeping bugs away and warding off inflammation. (oils are not necessary to use, but a tablespoon of olive oil is safe to add if you wish to coat the pan)
- Garlic Powder (in small amounts for bugs)
- Turmeric (for inflammation)
- Cinnamon (for inflammation)
Avoid using foods like onions, salt, other seasonings and spices as these things in excess can be unhealthy for your dog to consume. Feel free to get creative and have fun with it! Happy cooking.