Prerequisite Level 1 or other beginner obedience course.
Our Level 2 obedience class is designed for students wishing to earn their CD title in AKC Obedience competition as well as owners looking to improve all obedience commands towards off-leash reliabiltiy. This is a fast paced class to strengthen obedience, specifically heel work with distractions.
Skills worked in this intermediate to advanced class include:
- Heel on Leash and Figure Eight – show whether the dog has learned to watch its handler and adjust its pace to stay with the handler.
- Heel Free – done off leash.
- Stand for Examination – is of great benefit when the dog needs hands-on care by a veterinarian.
- Recall – provides the handler with the ability to call the dog and get an immediate response at all times.
- Long Sit (1 minute) – allows the handler to have control of the dog when visitors come to the home.
- Long Down (3 minutes) – dog must remain in a down position.